"Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the light of this people. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Behold, do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house; Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven."-3 Nephi 12:14-16

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Kies De Goede Weg

Dear Family!

Your emails this week made me so happy. Really, I loved hearing the story about William, and seeing the pictures of Hairspray. It looks like everything is going great! Oh and Julia, the pictures of Rhett are adorable. It's so crazy -- he really looks like you! It's still hard for me to believe sometimes that you have a kid -- haha. John, what did you think of Duke? I'm sure you will make the right choice. And yes -- 2 weeks till General Conference!!!! I am above and beyond excited. Temple and conference are two of my favorite things. We should actually be going to the temple again soon as a mission, sometime before Easter.

Spring is FINALLY coming here in Amsterdam! I'm almost afraid to type that, I don't want to curse it -- haha. But really, today is beautiful. We rode our bikes up to Central Station, and I even got to take my hat off; it's not too cold. That's a miracle. It's making a big difference in everything.

So this week was great! I'm so happy to be staying in Amsterdam, I love this city with all my heart. We have been so busy! We've been having to skip studies in the morning to be able to handle all of our appointments, and we actually had to leave early and have one this morning even though it's P-day. But hey, we're not complaining. :) This is the way I like it.

We've been finding a lot and our teaching pool is getting big. It's taking a lot of good planning and making sure we're on time for everything. Percy and William are doing great; we had a really powerful lesson on Saturday night about reading the scriptures, praying, and coming to church, and how those are the big things that will help us to stay strong and be able to "conquer Satan." And then after we all sang “How Great Thou Art.” It was a very spiritual experience.

Charlotte is also doing really well! She came to church yesterday and told us that she has been reading from the Book of Mormon every day and she loves it because she can find answers to all her questions in it. She's also been praying every day which is making a big difference. She's had such a hard life -- unbelievable, but the atonement of Jesus Christ is really helping her to see what God has in store for her.

Keep praying for the people here and for your own missionary experiences. I read this morning the talk by Elder Nelson from last conference's Priesthood session, and I was really hit with how important it is to be an example of the believers. People look at us, and if we do our best to follow the commandments, and keep close to the Spirit, they will be able to see the light in our eyes. People tell Zuster Kremer and me that all the time. It's a very real thing, the light that comes from us when we live the gospel. Everyone has the light of Christ in them, we just need to help them realize it.

I love you all! Kies de goede weg.

Met Liefde,
Zuster Holbein

No comments:

Post a Comment