"Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the light of this people. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Behold, do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house; Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven."-3 Nephi 12:14-16

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Blijf Maar Geweldig

Dear Family!

Sorry for the no time yesterday. And actually I don´t have much time today either! Haha life is so crazy! It´s awesome, but also a bit exhausting. I feel like my body is breaking down a bit, I´m always so tired. No worries though, I´m sure it´s just the change in the weather here.

Things with everyone are going so well. Here are the updates. I gave a talk in church on Sunday about happiness and it went really well. It was a cool experience for me. I had actually planned on talking about unity and charity, and had written my whole talk. But then on Saturday morning I was reading it, and I just didn´t like it. It didn´t feel right. So I prayed and said, “Heavenly Father, I really don´t have time to write another talk or to come up with something else. But if you want me to speak about something else, can you please let me know and help me?” I prayed and then sat there, and then all at once it was like someone just pushed my brain and all these words starting coming into my head, and scriptures, and I started writing but couldn´t write fast enough to get all the words out of my head. It was so cool! I felt so led by the Spirit, it was awesome. I don´t know if my talk touched anyone specifically, but I know that I was really touched and I learned a lot. I´m so grateful for moments like that.

Things with the investigators are going great! I LOVE THESE PEOPLE. Have I told you that before? Neda is still on for baptism on the 9th, and the only thing that will hold that up is a couple of Word of Wisdom problems. She got a blessing on Sunday though, and we are praying for miracles. It´s going to be great, no matter what. Mevrouw Idema is wonderful too. She´s working so hard on the Word of Wisdom and has learned so much! It´s amazing how prayer and the scriptures and the Church can really help people overcome addictions. It is such a testimony to me that there is a higher power that can help us overcome everything.

Well... that´s all the time I have. We´re at district meeting and the elders forgot to get stuff for lunch so we have to go figure that out... you gotta love them. :)

I love you all! Blijf maar geweldig.

Met liefde,
Zuster Holbein

No comments:

Post a Comment