"Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the light of this people. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Behold, do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house; Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven."-3 Nephi 12:14-16

Monday, May 24, 2010

The Lekker Mooi Weer has arrived!

Hallo iederene! Groeten van lekker warm, mooi Antwerpen!
Hello everyone! Greetings from deliciously warm, beautiful Antwerpen!

Haha I think it's so funny but everyone here uses the word lekker
("delicious") to describe things. And now the beautiful warm weather
has finally arrived and so everyone talks about how deliciously warm
it is. :)

Missionary work is so much better when the weather is warm because
people are so willing to stop and talk and everyone is outside. We
found 4 wonderful new investigators this week and most of them were
found while we were outside contacting. And it's perfect that today
is so beautiful because it's Zuster Gulliver's last P-day and we are
planning on taking a lot of pictures. I have so many to send home but
today is a holiday so I can't print. Hopefully next week. :)

Thank you for your emails! Tell everyone I say hello and I promise I
am slowly but surely writing everyone back. I sent letters to Chris
and Angela last week and Uncle Bruce, Aunt Lynn, and Uncle Hugh and
Aunt Bobbi this week. Congrats to Tyler and Lisa! That's so
exciting, I definitely want to see pictures. Thank you for all of
your love. I got the card that everyone signed at the wedding and it
almost made me cry; I was so touched. I love you all. Haha I always
tell everyone I have the best family.

So it has been another wonderful week here. A perfect way to end the
transfer and Zuster Gulliver's mission. My new companion will be
Zuster Fritz. I met her at Zone Conference and she seems like a great
missionary. It will be really hard to say goodbye to Zuster Gulliver
though. She has become one of my best friends and she is an
incredible missionary! Such a wonderful trainer, I've learned SO much
from her. Haha but we always talk about how we'll be friends forever
so I'm not worried. Pray for her though because this whole having to
go home thing is very hard for her.

Oh my goodness what to say about this week? Tuesday we had the
wonderful opportunity to have Zuster Tippets one of the senior sisters
come and spend the day with us. She served a mission in North
Carolina when she was younger and now she and her husband are working
in the office. It was great to have her with us and we saw so many
miracles including finding a wonderful new investigator named Koen.
She is probably going to come down again sometime. I love serving in
Antwerpen because we are so close to Brussels and get to see everyone
in the office frequently.

Speaking of Brussels, we got to go on a little field trip there to do
legality stuff. A bunch of missionaries went and I got to see Zr
Garvin again and Elder Frahm and Elder Leash which was a lot of fun.
I'm convinced this mission has the best missionaries... but I'm not
biased or anything... :)

My random funny miracle of the week happened on our way to an
appointment with Liegios. I was sitting on the bus and a woman with a
shawl sat next to me. I thought, "Haha, my favorite way to start a
contact." So I started talking with her about the gospel and she
didn't seem too interested, but she was very nice. Then she told me
her stop was next and all of a sudden she took off her shawl and
started saying how nice it would look on me, and then she gave it to
me! Haha now this was in Dutch and she was from Turkey so her accent
was difficult and so I wasn't sure at first if that's what she meant.
But yeah she was serious and she totally gave it to me! Haha so nice.
I wish I could've gotten more info from her! I am praying I will meet
her again. Haha I will for sure never forget her.

Yesterday was Kurt's baptism and it was wonderful. My talk went well
and Pres and Zuster Brubaker surprised us and came. I love them!

Ahh I'm out of time! I love you all the Church is more than true.

Tot volgenda week!
Met liefde-
Zuster Holbein

No comments:

Post a Comment