"Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the light of this people. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Behold, do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house; Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven."-3 Nephi 12:14-16

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Post Mother's Day Email

Hello Family. :) Long time, no talk haha. It is actually good that we
talked on Sunday because I have even less time to email today. Today
is zone pday so we have 12 elders here that all need to email and the
cafe is very full so I need to be quick. It was so good to be able to
talk with you! Everyone sounds like they are doing great! I LOVE the
picture of William at prom, always the stud. And even though I didn't
get to talk with Julia and John it was good to hear about them. John
I got your email-thank you so much. I love you and your wonderful
example of dedication has always meant a lot to me. Tell Brittney
that most of the tulips are all in the Netherlands, and Antwerpen is
mostly just a big city, but in the smaller parts of town were we live
there are so pretty ones. Someone needs to take pictures of Julia so
I can see her big belly! :) Oh and tell Uncle Bruce I got his email
and I got Chris and Angelas letter. I am going to start writing
everyone this week and I'll probably be printing pictures next we and
I will send those home too. Anyways, I love you all, thank you so
much for your support. Like I told Mom and Dad on the phone this past
week has been amazing! I have a very strong testimony that the Lord
blesses us for our dedication and the righteous desires of our hearts
will be given to us as we exercise faith. We found so many amazing
people this week! And we now have another baptism set up with a
wonder African man named William who is so enthusiastic. Heidi and
Marie are getting baptized this Sunday. Oh how I love them. They
asked me to give the talk on baptism and I am so happy for them I'm
actually not too nervous. Being nervous and afraid really doesn't
help at all. I'm learning more and more that if I just open my mouth
and trust in the Lord it works! Wow, this is such a great work. This
past Wednesday we watched the Testaments with Heidi and Maire and they
loved it! They both got really into it and after we all bore testimony
of the Book of Mormon. My own testimony of the Book of Mormon grows
stronger everyday. We met a very interesting man on Thursday who was
convinced the Book of Mormon was false and that he needed to save us
from it. We talked with him for a while and it was wonderful to be
able to bear tesimony to him. We have actually met several people
who feel this way and the wonderful thing is no matter what they say
against the book, nothing can hold up to the truthfulness. The book
of Mormon wins every time. I love that. There is power in that book
and I love the spirit I feel when I read it. Saturday night we had
one of the most amazing first lessons ever with a new family we found
on the street. I told you a little about them on the phone. It's a
mom and dad and two sons. They were very open to everything and
wanted to pray about what we shared. They had a lot of questions and
the wonderful was we were able to help them find all of the answers
in the Book of Mormon. I love that the gospel has all of the
answers. It is such a comforting thing to know that no matter what
happens, I know that the gospel will have the answer I need or be able
to give me the peace I need. Our mini missionary who I told you about
last week went home but she was a blast to work with. She helped my
Dutch a ton and she had the strongest testimony. And we all had a lot
of fun together. Funniest thing-so no one here eats pb and chocolate
together, they think it's really weird. Zr Gulliver had an extra
reeses so we gave it to Irene and promised her that it would be so
good. So she tried it and thought it was the grossest thing ever!
Haha I thought it was so funny because we love them. Oh and she also
thought it was really weird that I like to eat pb and apples. Well
that's all the time I have. Give everyone my love! Thank you for your
support and prayers. The work is alive here in Antwerpen! I LOVE IT.
:) Met Liefde-Zr. Holbein

No comments:

Post a Comment