"Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the light of this people. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Behold, do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house; Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven."-3 Nephi 12:14-16

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Is Coming!

Hello Family!

So good news just so you all stop worrying -- my intestine is fine. I've been taking the medicine and the pain is going down. I know that you all have been praying for me too and I believe that helps better than the medicine. So thanks. Poor Zuster Kremer was sick this week though! Dang it, Satan. It's ok though she's feeling better, I'm feeling better, and we are ready to get back to full speed. The weather has even warmed up a little bit. Though actually, just looking out the window again, I see it's snowing. Oh well, at least it's pretty. ...

William, congrats on Pageant and Youth Salute! I thought about you this morning and got a really good feeling. You're awesome. Good luck to all the BYU students with finals. Haha I remember that last year. Mom, I'm glad you have another year of Seminary behind. You're a great teacher. Daddy, thank you for your sweet testimony. Oh and tell Uncle Bruce I love him!

I bought cute Christmas cards today that I'll be sending, but I don't think that people will get them before the holiday. The mail people here are actually on strike right now. Oh, but I did get the Christmas package! Thank you so much! I have bought things for you all, but I want so badly to give them to you in person, so I think you might just have to wait a while -- haha.

So the miracles and great moments of this week. AHH LAME!!! -- guess what just happened?? THE INTERNET CRASHED AND I LOST MY EMAIL. :( And now I don't have time to write. Oh goodness, I'm sorry.

Ok so miracles. I know Neal Oddens who served his mission with Julia. It was so funny. He lives in Den Haag but his family lives here in Amsterdam and he was there at dinner last night. He told me there was a Sister Holbein in his mission, and I said that's funny because you served in the same one as my sister. And then we both just looked at each other and said ...hey...cool! So yeah, he's awesome and that was really funny.

Unique's baptism on Saturday was incredible. Oh my goodness I am so happy for her. I got a lot of great pictures I'll send them home with my Christmas card.

Yesterday we went singing at old peoples’ homes with the ward and really touched a lot of people. Tuesday we had the zone Christmas concert. I played my flute and sang. It was a special night. And... yeah, I wish I had more time now, but we have to get to the church. I love you all though!

Enjoy the Christmas season. Be the angels the world needs right now. Spread the joy. Nooit opgeven jonges. Houd van jullie.

Liefs-
Zuster Holbein

No comments:

Post a Comment