"Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the light of this people. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Behold, do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house; Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven."-3 Nephi 12:14-16

Monday, January 24, 2011

Challenges & Joy

Dear Family!

I officially have no time to write because I took so long reading people's emails and things. THANK YOU EVERYONE. :) I feel your love haha. Really though, that and the testimonies you sent me were the best presents ever.

It has been quite the week! Again, a really really hard week. But still so many miracles, yesterday being the biggest, and when I was writing in my journal last night I really could honestly say that I was completely happy. Exhausted, but totally happy and confident that it's going to be a great week.

My birthday was a lot of fun.... honestly saying... I was sick! BAH. Not fun. I have this new goal to never again be sick while I'm on my mission because it's 100% lame. Long story short, I have a messed up stomach. But the good news is Sister Pankratz is a dear and knows the remedy to everything (if she had lived 200 years ago she would have been burned at the stake for her herb concoctions) and I feel a lot better now. So no freaking out. Favorite quote of the week-Sister Pankratz: "Who needs weed when you have a spice cabinet?" Haha - only in Amsterdam could you say that.

Transfers are next week and I'm really hoping I stay. But I'd also be ok with leaving. Oh who cares, put it in the hands of the Lord and it all works out.

Other things - hmm, birthday - the ward was wonderful. I managed to make it to the ward dinner that night and they all sang and gave me presents and things which wasn't even necessary. I actually got a lot of headbands - haha. I have developed a reputation of always having them.

So since I'm out of time let's just get right down to the miracles - DelRoy! Yay! He is doing so so well. He was honestly really struggling. When I wrote you last week we had actually lost contact with him. He was really having doubts and Satan was just getting in there too much. But then on Wednesday (birthday miracle) HE CALLED US. :) And he said that when the elders had seen him in the park (that's another story) and told him to pray about things again, he did and found an answer in the scriptures about not rejecting the disciples of Christ, and that he didn't want to doubt anymore, wanted to feel the Holy Spirit again, and go through with baptism! MIRACLE. :) :) So he came to his appointment Thursday and we are back on track. Yesterday he came to church and loved it.

We also had Marilyn there; she is an investigator who has had some trouble getting to church. And it was perfect for her! She's been struggling with her teenage daughter and all the talks were about raising youth in the last days. She was taking notes. :) After church she asked for a blessing, and after said that she really wants to get baptized; it's just that last step of faith that is hard for her. We're praying, she's praying, and it's going to work out, I know it. She's had such a change of heart, I love her.

Last night we had an awesome appointment with DelRoy at Jennifer's again for dinner and Unique, who was baptized in December, come and she was an awesome joint teach. We watched part of a talk from President Monson, and when DelRoy heard his voice he said that he knew he was a prophet of God. Ahhh - good feelings.

I am so so so grateful to be a missionary. Honestly, this week has really taught me that missionary work isn't always fun. And I can't say that in the moment I've loved every minute of it. It's hard. But it's all so worth it. The Church is perfect; it has everything we need. No questions left unanswered, no problem that can't be solved. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father.

Thank you all for your examples of faith and diligence! Ik hou van jullie. :)

Met Liefde,
Zuster Holbein

No comments:

Post a Comment