"Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the light of this people. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Behold, do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house; Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven."-3 Nephi 12:14-16

Monday, January 31, 2011

More Miracles

Dear Family,

First things first -- I'm not being transferred! I get at least one more transfer in A'dam! Wahoo. :) Zuster Kremer and I are staying together and I am so very happy. It was a big surprise, everyone thought I was leaving. Seriously, in church yesterday EVERYONE kept saying goodbye and how sad they were that I would have to go. But hey, prayers are answered and I get another blessed 6 weeks here. I'm excited, the work is really going well, and there is so much potential.

This past week has been incredible! First miracle -- DelRoy, as always. He is totally set for baptism on Friday. We are so so happy for him. He just glows with the Spirit; he really does. The baptism is going to be great; the whole ward is excited. I'm giving a talk on the Holy Ghost and playing my flute. I'll take lots of pictures and I promise -- haha -- to try and send them. I know I've been bad about that.

Other big miracle of the week -- ok this is a cool story. So last week Sunday we did a consecrated hour and met this man named Dibbs. We were able to share a quick message with him and pray before he had to go. We also got his number and were able to set up an appointment for this past Saturday. So on Friday we called him to confirm the appointment and he said that was fine, you know, normal conversation. So I hung up, and then five minutes later he called back. He said that his friend is actually also a Christian and he thinks that he would be interested. So he asks, “Can I give you his number? And can you call him now and set up an appointment and then call me back?” Umm, yes we can do that. So we call his friend, Dillip, and he ends up saying that he would come to the appointment with Dibbs and that he would bring a friend. Yea! we were so excited.

So Saturday we go to the appointment and Dibbs and Dillip are there. We end up having a great first lesson with them. Dibbs actually doesn't know much about God, but he started out the lesson by telling us that when we prayed with him the other day that was the first time he prayed and he really felt something. We got to explain that it was the Spirit. and we had a really powerful lesson. Dillip is already Christian but was so interested in the Book of Mormon and totally believes that it could be the word of God. And... he committed to preparing to be baptized on March 6th!! Dibbs would have as well but he is leaving to go to Spain for a month -- JAMMER. But when he gets back for sure. Yea! so that was awesome.

Then yesterday Dillip came to church and brought 2 of his other friends with him, one of them Manu, who also committed to baptism! And they loved church and just happened to stay for the baptism that was after and loved it too. It was such a miracle day. Really, these people have such a special spirit with them, I love it.

In funny news, I had another epic bike crash. My bike is broken so we've been doing achterop [back riding] the whole week. I peddle and Zuster Kremer jumps. Only this one time, Thursday I think, I wasn't ready for her to jump and ended up flying off the bike and face planting into the sidewalk. It hurt a bit but it was more funny than anything.

I love you all! Thank you for all you do for me and for your prayers. Always remember that I love you. The Church is true, so so so true.

Hurrah for life. :)

Met liefde,
Zuster Holbein

No comments:

Post a Comment