"Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the light of this people. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Behold, do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house; Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven."-3 Nephi 12:14-16

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Weird Eating Appointments

Dearest family,

I loved your emails this week! Really, they were so inspiring for me
to get. Thank you John, Britt, and William for your wonderful emails.
I always tell people I have the best family ever and it really is
true. I wish I had time to email you all back separately, but I
don't. I did buy a bunch of cool postcards though and I am planning
on writing you all today. But again, thank you, thank you, thank you
for your support! It means a lot to me. By the way, I know Father's
Day is coming up, and this is completely horrible but I don't remember
what day it is! Haha please forgive me if I missed it Daddy and know
that I love you and am sending you a card this week. Thank you for
being a great example for me.

So once again we had another wonderful week of miracles and blessings
from the Lord. Where to begin? This keyboard is really weird today
and isn't letting me type very quickly so if I don't have time to get
everything out right please let me know. I'll start with our funny
crazy story of the week. Wednesday night we went to Grace and
Joseph's house, two of our favorite members in the ward, to give them
a lesson. We made them cookies because they really are so awesome and
have done so much lately to help us. We told them we had a surprise
for them, and they told us that they also had a surprise for us. So
we went to their apartment and it turned out their surprise for us was
a referral, a woman named Moni who wanted to take the lessons. It was
so awesome, haha as a missionary that is the best surprise ever! And
then, Moni told us that she had a surprise for us... she had made us
dinner. Haha oh my goodness. I am attaching a picture below of what
we had to eat, and I will have you know I ATE THE WHOLE THING. Zuster
Fritz has a picture of the bones. Talk about the ultimate stomach
experience. Haha you all should be very very proud of me. I was
praying the whole time that I would be able to do it, and as always,
and thank goodness, that prayer was answered. Haha oh the crazy
things we do for investigators. Moni is wonderful though; we had
another lesson with her last night and she is coming to church on
Sunday.

Thursday night we got to travel up to Amsterdam and spend the night
with the sisters there. We had zone conference on Friday in Apeldoorn
which with the train is like 5 hours from here so we had to stop over
for the night. It was a lot of fun to see the sisters there and to
see Amsterdam. It was only my 2nd time in the Netherlands oddly
enough. We also had quite the experience when we first arrived. To
make a very long story short… I ended up getting stuck on the other
side of the closed doors of a tram and got separated from everyone for
about 10 minutes! They had my bags and my wallet and everything haha
so I was kind of nervous for a few minutes, but it ended up working
out fine. Friday zone conference was wonderful! I love getting
together with all of the other missionaries; they are such a strength
to me. And I love love LOVE Pres and Zuster Brubaker. I love how
positive they are. They are really big on encouraging us to always
have a positive attitude no matter what is happening because that is
what brings miracles and the Lord's help. Oh boy do I have a
testimony of that! It was great, and a very inspiring conference.

Ok now I have a miracle that I am slightly hesitant to share because I
don't want anyone (MOM!) freaking out. So I have been running while I
have been here and last week my knee really started hurting. To make
a long story short, I ended up being on crutches most of last week.
Now do not freak out, it was not that bad, and with the crutches we
weren't stuck inside, we still got to go out and do work. I was
frustrated though because the crutches hurt. And really, who wants to
be on crutches?

So at zone conference I got a blessing from Elder Wood our zone
leader. In his blessing he said that if I had the faith I would be
quickly healed. That was on Friday and I am happy to report that
today I am crutch-free and my knee doesn't hurt! Talk about a miracle!
The Lord blesses me more than I deserve and the power of the
Priesthood is so real. I love it!

Well that's about all the time I have. Sorry this email is so short!
I will make a note not to use this computer next week. You all are
wonderful. I feel the strength from your prayers and love. The
Church is so true. God is a God of miracles. Angels are sent to help
us everyday. We are all so blessed and it's our duty to share why
with the world!

Met Liefde,
Zuster Holbein

1 comment:

  1. That food is not edible! I refuse to believe it!!!
    The events that have happened so far are truly amazing! You are certainly blessed. I love you and miss you. Take good care of yourself, and be safe.

    ReplyDelete