"Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the light of this people. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. Behold, do men light a candle and put it under a bushel? Nay, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house; Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven."-3 Nephi 12:14-16

Monday, August 9, 2010

Yea for Baby Rhett!!!

Hoi family! Greetings from Amsterdam!

We are doing exchanges tomorrow and so Zuster Fritz and I came up early to spend the night with the sisters here. So we ended up getting on the local train by mistake and are now super late so we don't really have time to email. Oh and in the Netherlands they have American keyboards which now seem totally foreign to me, I'm having a really hard time typing! Haha.

Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures of baby Rhett! They made me cry, though really everything has been making me cry lately, it's been a very emotional week. I am so happy for you Jake and Julia. What a wonderful blessing to our family. I have a card I want to send but I don't have your address, so if you could send it that would be great!

So a quick run down -- this week has been inspiring! So many blessings and tender mercies. Joseph is 100 klaar for his doop and the ward is already really taking him in. He'll be baptized this Saturday at 11. Oh man it's going to be so good!

We have also found a lot of beautiful new investigators and they are making a lot of progress. Ethel and her son Steven who we have been teaching English to came to our football match with the other missionaries and played along. We also had an awesome FHE with them and they are reading from the BOM and praying together daily. The gospel really helps families so much, it’s awesome.

I'm sorry but that's all the time I have for now! There will be lots more to tell next week this week is going to be crazy awesome including exchanges, zone conference, testament movie night at church, and Joseph’s baptism.

I love you all and will be praying extra hard for Julia and Jake and baby Rhett.

Met veel liefde,
Zuster Holbein

No comments:

Post a Comment